How to Get a Mississippi Insurance License
|Mississippi Department of Insurance||Testing Provider (Testing Services, Inc)|
|(601) 359-3582||(601) 956-0049|
1. Schedule and Pass a Licensing Exam
Making Exam Reservations
To register for an exam, download the Testing Services Inc. registration form at http://www.testingservices-ms.com/. Send the registration form with your check or money order (payable to Testing Services, Inc.) to Testing Services, Inc., 124 One Madison Plaza, Suite 1400, Madison, MS 39110. Registration for walk-ins is cash only. Phone: 601-956-0049.
What to Bring
Two forms of current signature identification are required:
- A primary ID (current driver’s license, passport, military ID). The Social Security card will also be required if the SSN is not listed on the primary ID.
- A secondary ID (1099, W2, tax return)
One of the IDs must have a social security number
You will be required to present a copy of your Certificate of Completion at the testing site.
- No talking or any other form of communication among candidates is permitted in the exam area.
- Children, cell phones, calculators, pagers, cameras, programmable electronic devices, and recording devices of any kind are NOT allowed.
- No smoking, eating, or drinking will be allowed at the exam site.
- Dictionaries, books, papers, or study and reference materials are NOT permitted.
- You may not exit the building during the exam.
- Copying or communicating exam content is a violation and may result in the disqualification of exam results and lead to legal action and prosecution.
- Each major line exam is given in a multiple-choice format.
- The exam consists of two parts:
- The general section deals with basic insurance product knowledge
- The state section deals with insurance laws, rules, and regulations, and practices that are unique to Mississippi
- The passing score required on each exam is 65%.
- When you complete the exam, access the Testing Services Inc. website for exam results: www.testingservices-ms.com
|Mississippi Exam Information|
|Exam Type||Exam Time||Total Questions|
|Life Producer||2 hours||75|
|Life, Accident & Health Producer||2 hours||125|
2. Apply for License
After successfully completing the examination, applicants must complete an online application at www.sircon.com or www.nipr.com or download a paper application from the Mississippi Insurance Department website at www.mid.ms.gov .
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 601-359-3582