It took me a long time to figure out what I wanted to say in this email. With schools closing, the NBA cancelling the rest of its season, and a run on toilet paper, the novel coronavirus sweeping the globe needs to be addressed. It’s time to assess how YOU are going to handle the next several weeks as this plays itself out (and it will).
Where are You?
On the one hand, we have mass hysteria – rooted in fear and founded in ignorance…. On the other hand, we have head-in-the-sand optimism, also rooted in fear and founded in ignorance.
Respond, not react
We need to be smart about how we respond (we respond, not react) to this global pandemic. What’s needed most in leadership (and we are all leaders) is emotional stability. Our clients, our teams, our family members look to us to provide that emotional stability.
The truth is, people need our products more than ever. Let’s not forget that our company was founded during the height of the Great Recession in 2009. When markets become unstable, people look to certainty. Life Insurance companies and our line of products, provide that much needed certainty.
With that said, I’d like to suggest some ways you can provide that emotional stability to your clients as well as financial stability for your families.
5 Tips to Be Smart, Stay in Business, and Make the Most of the Situation
- If you are sick, stay home. Don’t plan on running appointments if you are sneezing, coughing or wheezing.
- If your client is sneezing, coughing, or wheezing, reschedule with them.
- Avoid touching your clients – no hugs, handshakes or high fives unless you disinfect right afterwards. The CDC recommends staying a 6 ft distance when out in public.
- Bring disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer into the home with you. Let your clients see you sanitize your computer, pens, and any tools you’ve brought into the home with you. This provides emotional stability (certainty) to your clients that they are safe with you.
- Talk to your clients about the issues facing society. People are thinking about death – they need the protection our products provide. They also need to protect their retirement from downturns in the market. As the question in every home: “how much of your retirement savings can you afford to lose” – every one of them should say “none.” Book a Meeting from a Meeting (BAMFAM)!
I believe that by playing it smart, you can stay safe, avoid spreading germs, and capitalize on this opportunity to help families without missing a beat. Keep your mind right – practice self-care, put good things into your brain, and reach out to your mySFGteam for support!
Please reach out to myself or your Agency Owner if you’d like to talk further about how the coronavirus could impact your business. We’ll help you devise a plan where it will impact your business for the positive, okay?
In emotional stability,