If It’s Lonely at the Top
Certified John Maxwell Coach and Symmetry Sales Representative, Daniel Hofmeister spoke on a recent team call about the Myth of Leadership that states “It’s lonely at the top.”
If you are doing things right, that statement should be far from the truth. Being at the top doesn’t mean you have to be lonely. Neither does being at the bottom. Loneliness is not a positional issue, it’s a personality issue!
Here are some MYTHBUSTERS about being at the TOP:
- No one ever gets to the top alone. It requires humility, appreciation of others, and effective collaboration
- Making it to the top is essential to taking others to the top! Good leaders are like TOUR GUIDES: they know the territory because they’ve made the trip before and they do what they can to make the trip enjoyable and successful for everybody.
- Have a great experience getting there! It should be FUN!!! And hey, if it’s not fun, take a hint and make some adjustments!
3 Things a leader MUST Demonstrate to Gain and Maintain Credibility
- Initiative: You have to GET UP to GO UP
- Sacrifice: You have to GIVE UP to GO UP
- Maturity: You have to GROW UP to GO UP.
John Bevere said: “If you want to build high, you have to start by digging deep.”
If you want to be the best leader you can be, don’t allow insecurity, pettiness, or jealousy to keep you from reaching out to others. There are three people a leader has to have:
Does this sound like anyone who is “going it alone”? It takes a TEAM to make it to the top, and when you get there, won’t it be nice to be surrounded by people whom you love and trust?
That’s our Symmetry family.
So blessed to have each of you in our lives! Looking forward to making this 4th quarter the best yet!