Guest Speaker and John Maxwell Coach, Agent Daniel Hofmeister shared this message recently and it’s worth a reshare – enjoy!
“If you want to do anything worthwhile in your life, you got to be hungry.” —Les Brown
One of the wisest Kings that ever lived wrote: The appetite of the laborer motivates him; indeed, his hunger drives him on (Proverbs 16:26).
What will HUNGER do for your life and business?
1. Hunger will eliminate failure as an option
- When you’re hungry you go all in and push all your chips to the center of the table.
- Hunger causes you to burn your boats.
- Agency Owner Beth Maddox puts it this way: There is No Plan B.
2. Hunger Drives Improvement
- When you’re hungry, “good enough” isn’t enough.
- Hunger leads to action, action leads to success.
- Stop Snacking! Let those hunger pains push us a little harder to growth and creativity!
3. Hunger fuels solutions, not excuses
- “People change through desperation or inspiration” —Dr. A.R. Bernard
- We have been given gifts and talents with the expectation that we will use them for the greater good of the world.
- There are people who depend on each one of us.
4. Hunger is a Driver
- “Surround yourself with those who are hungry for success“
- Sit at the feet of your teachers/mentors – they have been where you are.
- Sometimes we outgrow our mentors and need to find new ones to take us to the next level.
5. Hunger Focuses our Vision (not distracted by all the noise)
- And there’s a lot of noise out there. Put your blinders on like a racehorse to eliminate distractions and stay focused on your goal!
So what makes you hungry? Your hunger for success might mean that you can:
- Love unconditionally
- Give generously
- Forgive quickly
- Spend quality time with the people most important to you
Let hunger be your motivator. We’ve got families to help and people to catch!
Let’s go get em!